Accounting Software Aids
SOCIAL MEDIA SITES
While social media continues to make advancements within the enterprise software industry, specific accounting software communities and industry outlets are not as common as they should be.
- Linked In. While FaceBook and MySpace may boast more online members, LinkedIn is clearly the most popular choice for the business community. Special Interest Groups (SIGs), such as the CRM Experts group, provide a focused forum for
- MyCRMcareer.com is a social media destination dedicated to CRM professionals in sales, marketing, support and IT professionals involved with customers. This site is rich with content from industry guru Paul Greenberg and other well known industry figures.
PERFORMANCE TOOLS AND UTILITIES
SaaS accounting software systems can sometimes become affected by inadequate bandwidth, firewall proxies or firewall configurations. The utilities below are useful for quick diagnosis related to connectivity issues.
- Bandwidth and Speed Test - this connectivity test will review your available bandwidth.
- Firewall Test - this online test reviews firewall ports and services which commonly cause connection problems.
HOSTING TOOLS AND UTILITIES
- LogMeIn Rescue permits remote support with take control access without the need to install VPN servers or give users remote access to the internal network. This peer to peer technology is easy to install, easy to use and a great remote support tool.
SOFTWARE PROCUREMENT METHODS
Financing accounting software systems has been popular for over two decades. Here's a couple of the more reputable financials services companies which specialize in financing accounting and financial software systems as well as the related professional services such as implementation consulting or software customization.
INFORMATION SECURITY TOOLS AND UTILITIES
Centralized password management utilities are helpful when dealing with several software as a service accounting software systems or when just dealing with multiple online accounts. Standalone password utilities are ineffective when remotely connected to SaaS accounting systems or when away from your desk. The following five password utilities are remotely accessible from anywhere on the Web or with a portable device such as a thumb drive.
- Roboform offers a free version for up to 10 passwords or a $30 version which offers built in access to GoodSync.com and permits users to synchronize contact files across multiple applications. As an alternative, you could also use Microsoft's free FolderShare program (www.foldershare.com) to sync Roboform files across devices.
- Passpack helps users store their logon names and passwords online. The secure utility leverages a 'Packing Key' to encrypt each users stored cache of account data. Once downloaded and decrypted, the cache stays on your computer until you save it at which point it is encrypted again and forwarded back to Passpack online. As with any algorithm or hash keys, be sure not to lose the Packing Key as Passpack does not have access to the key and you cannot decrypt your passwords without it.
- Password Hash is a free browser utility that integrates with the PwdHash add-on and Firefox or Internet Explorer. After installation, pressing the F2 function key prior at a password entry screen automatically transmits the password through a hashing algorithm.
- OpenID uses a single account location to log in to many other accounts. While a great concept, not many third party sites yet support this utility.
- ID Vault makes the Guard ID thumb drive to store all your online account data. This secure solution costs about $50 plus a $40 per year subscription.
Accounting System Aids
accounting software utilities, erp software, hosted accounting tools, CRM, financing, information security, accounting software, on-demand, saas accounting programs